Monday, August 5, 2013

It's My Birthday and I'll Wear Jeans if I Want To!

I celebrated my 24th birthday recently. Mr. BD surprised me with a wonderful trip to Asheville, a quick 3 hour drive across state. We spent the day touring the Biltmore Estate, antiquing, reading at my favorite Book Exchange & Champagne Bar, and picking out blush at my favorite homegrown makeup and shaving shop, Makeup at the Grove Arcade. We finished the evening with dinner at the Tupelo Honey Cafe, a restaurant offering "Nuveau Southern" cuisine. The whole day was so unexpected and achingly thoughtful. I can honestly say it was one of the most perfect birthdays in my personal history of birthdays.

Biltmore House










Antique Mermaid Hooks


Mr. BD's gift, a 1930's Vintage Gold Arrow Necklace



Jennifer Lopez Surplus Top | Old Navy Rockstar Jeggings | Steve Madden Heaven Leather Flats | Brighton Earrings | Vintage Necklace | Excess Side Satchel | Assorted Gold Bangles | New York & Company Aviators 

About the blog title. Some back story. I ordered a beautiful jersey jumpsuit in navy from SimplyBe about two weeks ago. I excitedly checked the mailbox every. single. day. for this gorgeous addition to my wardrobe. I thought it would be the most perfect birthday outfit, ideal for walking, breathable enough for summer in the south, chic enough for head-turns but not over the top. Friday came and went with no package. I had to give up hope. I had to find another outfit. Because we were getting up so early to drive to Asheville and I wanted something easy but functionally attractive so I went with my ever-present surplus top and Old Navy jeggings paired with my classic flats and the side satchel.

The irony? My jumpsuit arrived Saturday while we were out of town. What's a girl to do?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

01 09 10