Sunday, September 1, 2013

Four Elements Challenge {Fire}

If you have followed me for any length of time you may remember the Forever 21 challenge concept I came up with several months back. I was inspired by a line they released centered around the four elements. This is the last installation of the challenge series. You can see the previous posts for Air, Earth, and Water herehere, and here.

Four Elements Challenge {Fire}

I purchased this dress online from Kohl's and have been waiting to wear it for this particular post. I love red with my dark hair and pale skin, but don't have much of it in my wardrobe as of late. Mr. BD and I went to a cookout this weekend with the C's and G's and both wives are cute and fashionable so I always try to put together an outfit that makes me feel equally as cute. There is nothing I hate more than being underdressed. 

Four Elements Challenge {Fire} 

Four Elements Challenge {Fire}

I am a big fan of ELLE, but many of their most recent items have been cut strangely around the arms. The opening is too severe in front, as you can see from the picture below. I am considering getting the dress altered and removing the sleeves completely to make the cut less noticeable. 

Four Elements Challenge {Fire}

Four Elements Challenge {Fire}

The original concept for Fire was something akin to Katniss in The Hunger Games with her fierce hair and eyes and I really tried to accomplish that with this look, but my hair never seems to be as big or as striking as I want it to be. All-in-all it was a sweet outfit for a cookout, but nothing as devastating as I had imagined. 

Four Elements Challenge {Fire}

ELLE Pintuck Fit & Flare Dress | Vintage Necklace | Gold & Diamond Bracelet (Gifted) | Pearl Earrings (Gifted) | Steve Madden Heaven Leather Flats 


How would you style an outfit inspired by the element Fire? 

3 comments:

  1. I love, love, love this dress. It would be a shame to cut the sleeves off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I love the sleeves as well, but wish the top weren't cut so awkwardly around the arms! Mr. BD had the same reaction as you, however, and told me he was a fan of the sleeves.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!

01 09 10