Friday, October 11, 2013

The Versatile Blogger Award


I am so privileged to have been given this award by Nikki over at Natty Nikki. As someone relatively new to blogging and plus-size fashion in general, I find it hard to gauge how my content is impacting my audience. Or if there is an audience at all. In just the past few months, teaching myself how to create a blog and allowing myself the freedom and creativity to write what's on my mind and wear what I believe is a reflection of my inner self, I have learned so much about myself. And about other women who feel similarly about themselves. I have grown to know countless wonderful and beautiful (inside and out) women looking for the respect and love they have been denying themselves or been denied by others based on some silly social construct. I may not get the opportunity now or ever to meet them in person (many of them are overseas), but their blog posts speak to me every time I visit their pages.

Anyway. The Versatile Blogger Award is passed on to other bloggers who you feel have covered varied topics in a unique way and have good quality posts. It is used to showcase those bloggers take special care with their content and take time over their pictures.

The rules are:
  • Display the award on your blog
  • Mention/link the lovely people who nominated you
  • Nominate another 15 blogs/bloggers who you feel should be given this award
  • Inform them you have nominated them
  • Write 7 facts about yourself

7 Facts about myself:
  • I sometimes steal magazines from the doctor's office because I have an unhealthy obsession with magazines on cooking, housekeeping, organizing and decorating. 
  • I am an avid reader. One of my favorite things to do is go to a book store or library, collect a stack of books, and read as much of each as I can before Mr. BD drags me out.
  • I dislike know-it-alls. But only because they never let me show how smart I am as well. Petty, I know. 
  • I have this irrational fear that I am truly unlikable. I compensate by being overly cheerful to everyone.
  • My three favorite TV characters (based on wardrobes and overall personality) would be Blair Waldorf (Gossip Girl), Spencer Hastings (Pretty Little Liars), and Charlotte York (Sex in the City).
  • I like action flicks more than I like chick flicks.
  • I drink my coffee black. One cup. Every morning. Or else.   

My Nominations:

Aimee @ Aimee L'amore
Danielle @ Danielle R. Harris
Emily @ Emuleh Parker
Erin + Elizabeth @ Curvouture
Gem @ Fat Frocks
Hannah @ Nounzilicious
Kelly @ Embelist
Nicolette @ Nicolette Mason
Samantha @ The Curves Have It
Sheree @ choosingtoeat


4 comments:

  1. Thanks Erin :) I would say Blair is one of my fave tv characters too along with Buffy and The Doctor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate to be that person, but I just loved David Tenant as The Doctor. I am not a Whovian by any means, but I really got into new Doctor Who while Tenant was on the show. Haha.

      Delete
  2. Thank You Erin! you are likeable! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

01 09 10