Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Style It My Way Challenge {Stripes}


SDC12380


Pink Rose Mesh Striped Sweater via TJ Maxx | Dorothy Perkins Black Peplum Skirt (similar here and here) | ASOS CURVE Heart and Bow Tights | Levity Suede Ankle Booties (similar here) | Wooden Bead Neckalce (gifted) | Brighton Gold & Silver Hoops (gifted)


SDC12366


SDC12369


SDC12376


Happy Wednesday! Today was quite a long day. Not only is the weather making me tired, Mr. BD and I become tremendously busy during the fall. Our busiest fundraising months at work are October thru December, so I have meetings as early as 7:00 AM some days and as late as 11:00 PM. Fall is for football (in case you've grown up anywhere other than the SEC and have no concept) so Mr. BD has a football game almost every Friday night and a band competition all-day on Saturdays. Not to mention his rehearsals, and if I haven't mentioned, I teach flute lessons at a non-profit school once a week. 

Anyway. I have bags under my eyes. And slightly dirty hair. Not to mention, my winter wardrobe consists of nothing but jewel tones and black. A limited variety of blog posts does this make. When I realized the Style It My Way Challenge for this week was stripes, I went into panic mode. I'd purchased a striped sweater dress from Old Navy, but would not be getting it in time to make this deadline. What is a girl to do when she has already spent her entire clothing budget for the month and featured her one traditionally striped item at LEAST three times on her blog? Dig out an underutilized sweater and don't sweat the small stuff. This sweater has mesh peek-a-boo stripes and gold buttons down the back. Unique and cute with a pair of skinny jeans and boots. 

By the way, I hope you appreciated the random pictures of Mr. BD. I left the apartment this morning before he was awake and was floored when I saw him for the first time this afternoon. He's quite a looker and I think he has the cutest style. Amrite?

Come view these other wonderful ladies who are also participating in challenges, or check us out at  #styleitmyway on Twitter.


Felicity at 
Felicity HartBecky Brown at Does My Blog Make Me Look FatNatalie at A Wheel Barrow Full of StyleNikki at Natty NikkiHannah at Nounzilicious


2 comments:

  1. Super cute top! Love love LOVE the tights! And must say, I'd never cheat on that (Mr. BD).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

01 09 10