Wednesday, December 18, 2013

OMCZ #22 {Office Fashion}



This week's Outside My Comfort Zone challenge was chosen by Hollie at Pretty Big Butterflies.  

Hollie wrote:

"Work wear is so boring and I have to spend 9 hours a day in an office! Show me how to spice up work wear in whatever way you can. I want to look smart / casual but still fashionable! It's so easy to hide behind a desk but I want to walk through the office in style. Come on ladies, show me your sexy secretary look or your quirky call centre attire!"


Untitled

INC Faux-Leather Trim Peacoat | Top Knits Long-Sleeve Lace-Print Cardigan, Sapphire and Black (here in white and black) | Dorothy Perkins Black Peplum Skirt (sold out) | Chelsea Crew Maxin Pump (sold out in black, other colors here | Charter Club Necklace and Pearl Necklace (gifted) | Antique Spoon Bracelet | Dana Buchman Bangle | Brighton Pearl Magic Earrings 

Untitled 

Untitled

Untitled

This is my standard office uniform. I enjoy wearing skirts or dresses, low heels, and a sweater or blouse. I also tend to keep to the typical corporate colors, grey, black, navy, and white. I didn't get much out of my comfort zone as I think the office is not the most appropriate place to try new things, however, I find that my personal style has been evolving since leaving college and this is the look I always dreamed of having in my career. 

A note about this sweater. I purchased it online in my regular size in two colors and when it arrived, I was concerned that it fit so snugly. It is not too small, however, the front tends to gape between buttons. I intend to take both sweaters to the tailer and have the front sewn closed to wear it as a blouse as opposed to a cardigan. If you are handy with a sewing machine, Lili at Frocks & Frou Frou has a great tutorial here. Even if you aren't handy, you should check her blog out because she is amazing. 


9 comments:

  1. I love this outfit! You look so classy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I always appreciate when someone uses "classy" to describe me. It's what I'm always striving for.

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous outfit very sophisticated x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is an amazing office outfit. So stylish. I love the whole outfit. It is very well put together :)You look cute as a button. :) Oh and I almost forgot to mention that your hair looks amazing. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You leave the funniest comments. And I was just having a conversation with a friend the other day about how much it makes me smile when people comment on my hair on blog posts!

      Delete
  4. I love the cardigan and how you've got it tucked in, such a good idea and not something i'd have ever though of x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Steph. I decided to tuck it in because the sweater tends to gape at the bottom if I leave it untucked over jeans. So sad I can't wear it casually, but I think it works well with my pencil skirts.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!

01 09 10