Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Auld Lang Syne {A fond Hello to 2014}


I love New Year's Eve. I love the idea that with the arrival of Midnight on January 1, all of my past year's mistakes and difficulties can be erased and replaced with sparkly new intentions. In reality, I know this is a silly notion. People tend to make resolutions based on societal pressures (lose weight, make more money, get engaged, etc.) or based on the desire to eradicate their chaos. Life is messy and when we recognize that hammering out all of our "imperfections" is counter productive, I think we can focus on doing things we actually enjoy as opposed to what is expected of us. 

With that being said, I am sharing what goals I have for 2014. I don't expect an overnight transformation, and I don't plan on punishing myself if 2015 finds me completely unchanged. These goals are centered around things I already enjoy and that I know will bring me even more happiness in the upcoming year. 

Fashion & Beauty Build a casual/weekend wardrobe and wear more color.
Career Attend networking events related to my industry. 
Relationships Be more proactive with new friendships and relationships. 
Health Develop new strategies to manage stress and social anxiety. 
Personal Read more books related to women's studies. 

If you are a person who makes resolutions, I have found a pretty straight-forward guide to developing new habits which I plan on adopting with any new goal I make in my life. 

I am wishing you and yours a safe and satisfying holiday. Now enjoy this Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Levitt video. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

01 09 10