Saturday, January 4, 2014

OMCZ #23 {Pencil Skirt}


I am totally late on this OMCZ post. I wore this outfit on Tuesday with the intention of taking pictures and posting on Wednesday, but we celebrated a little too hard on New Year's Eve and I just never got around to it. Like many of the other ladies participating in the challenge, I don't own a "pencil skirt" per se, but I thought this recent purchase of a pencil dress fit the bill.

Betty from Big Fat Betty said:


"'Pretty Pencils': I absolutely love pencil skirts but I've never had the confidence to wear them, what with the VBO and all that jazz. However, I've just ordered a beauty and I could really do with that push in order to wear it...let me see all you lovely ladies rocking your pencil skirts, get those pins out and share your style tips (as I also have no idea what to wear with the damn thing)!"



New Directions Illusion Pencil Dress | Tahari Suit Jacket (old) | Levity Suede Booties | World Market Silver Multi-Strand Necklace | Revlon Va Va Violet Lipstick 


A note about this dress. It is a size smaller than I typically wear, but it was the only one of its kind on clearance and I adored the silver thread in the tweed sections, not to mention the nature of illusion dresses is to give the appearance of a slimmer silhouette. I would have felt more comfortable with some shapewear underneath for a smoother look (not to mention it is unlined and itchy!). The suit jacket has broad shoulders to balance out my smaller upper body, however, next time I think I might pair this dress with a colorful boyfriend cardigan and skinny belt. 



1 comment:

  1. That's a really lovely smart outfit. You look so classy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

01 09 10