Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Weekend Warrior {Surplice Top}

Untitled

Love 21 Spot-On Surplice Top (sold out) | INC International Concepts Faux-Leather-Trip Pea Coat (also available in plus size here) | Scarf (gifted) | Old Navy Rockstar Jeggings | Clarks Ingalls Dealware Boots | Covergirl eternal lipstick  

Untitled 

Untitled 

Untitled 

Untitled

 I'm late on posting this, but this was my outfit from Saturday. It was mine and Mr. BD's anniversary and we wanted to spend the day shopping and goofing off out of the house. I wanted something that was comfortable, but cute, which never seems to happen for me. I was really pleased with how this outfit turned out.

I've been reading more about dressing for my body type. I'm still slightly confused about if I am an hour glass, apple or a pear, but I have been experimenting with more shapes and fits to see what I find to be the most natural looking on me. When I was gifted this top from Forever 21 for Christmas, I was really excited. I am always trying to wear wrap shirts, but find they are too constricting on my stomach and upper hips. This type of top really streamlines my torso which is compact and the chiffon material adds an element of elegance perfect for work or weekend fun. If you are still trying to find your own personal style, or are getting overly frustrated with certain cuts, lengths, or styles not working for you (I have that problem at the moment), consider trying something new, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Do you ever give consideration to your body shape when picking clothes?  

1 comment:

  1. The wrap is really nice, it would work well smart or casual. I'm a pear shape but I don't worry about that too much when I'm choosing cloths, I usually go for what I think suits and looks good on me :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

01 09 10