Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Eye of the Tiger {Mixed Prints}

"I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire. 'Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me ROAR. Louder, louder than a lion. 'Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me ROAR" - Katy Perry

I heard this song for the first time this morning and I looked down at my skirt and thought, "Huh, I kind of feel like a tiger with my stripes." It's one of those songs where you think it's silly at first, but then you listen to the words and you feel slightly more confident and empowered for having heard it. 

Picture from pre-teen fashion site. Oh, google.

Mixed prints have been all over the blogosphere this summer. There is something so rebellious about pairing two pieces that have no business being together by conventional fashion standards. It is ironic, then, that this outfit just works.


Photo 695
The white polka dots look multi-colored, but they are not.

I am a matchy-matchy person. I like solid colors with few accents. It took a lot to find the confidence to wear this. Once I put it together, I fell in love. Maybe it's how girly the two pieces are, or that I kept it limited to only two colors, but I believe this outfit turned out beautifully.










Old Navy Polka Dot Top (similar here)| Dorothy Perkins Prom Skirt (similar here) | 1930's Vintage Gold Arrow Necklace (gifted) | Gold and Diamond Twist Bracelet (gifted) | Pearl Earrings (gifted) | Steve Madden Heaven Leather Flat 

For other examples of mixed patterns check out Danimezza and GirlWithCurves

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

01 09 10