Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Style It My Way Challenge {Mixed Prints}

SDC12344

Mossimo Tie-Neck Peasant Top via Goodwill ($4.00) | Dorothy Perkins Striped Prom Skirt (similar here) | Chelsea Crew Maxin Leather Pumps | Wooden Bead Necklace (gifted) | Pear Earrings (gifted)

SDC12343

Mixed prints are a little intimidating for someone as matchy-matchy and minimalist as me. My first time trying the trend involved just two colors and two patterns. You can see it here. When I found this blouse at Goodwill, I knew it was perfect for taking this trend to the next level for me. If you are hoping to test the waters with a similar look, I suggest sticking to as few colors and least contrasting patterns as you can with an accent piece such as a necklace or bag to make it pop. 

Do you mix your patterns? What is your favorite mixed look?

Come view these other wonderful ladies who are also participating in challenges, or check us out at  #styleitmyway on Twitter.

Nikki at Natty Nikki
Hannah at Nounzilicious

6 comments:

  1. I'm not brave enough to mix patterns yet but it looks good on you. Maybe I'll try it soon. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen some really beautiful outfits from ladies who mix patterns. I have very few prints in my wardrobe as is so I had to really stretchy myself for this one. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I ADORE your shoes! So much in fact that I am about to grab my credit card and buy them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you did buy them. Chelsea Crew makes some awesome shoes. ModCloth has a huge selection of their oxford heels, if you're into those.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!

01 09 10